Become a member
Joining the BCTI
Apply using the membership (right). Fill out this form and send it to the BCTI along with all supporting documents (diplomas, certificates, etc.). These supporting documents must be in French, Dutch or German. Please include sworn translations of documents in other languages.
24, rue Montoyerstraat
Joining as a full member
- Anyone who holds a master's in translation or interpretation or
- Anyone who can prove they have at least 3 years of professional experience in the profession, either translating at least 100,000 words per year and/or providing interpretation services for at least 50 days per year.
Examples of proof:
- copies of invoices
- statements from clients
- sworn statements signed by 2 full members of the BCTI
- Contribute to defending your profession
- Influence legislation and standards regarding the profession
- Receive job offers
- Be included in the BCTI translator search engine
- Discussion forums and translation help
- Free access to the magazine “Le Linguiste/De Taalkunde” and to other publications
- Discounts for BCTI activities, certain sister associations and FIT member associations
- Professional indemnity insurance offered at a reduced rate
- Right to vote in the General Meeting
- Possibility of becoming a member of the BCTI Board of Directors
The General Meeting set the dues for full members at
190 EUR for 2015. Dues paid after 1 December are applied to the following year. Any member who is admitted after 1 August is given a 50% discount.
Becoming an associate member
- Interns: anyone who does not (yet) meet the requirements for full membership (students, beginners, part-time employees, etc.).
- Related professions in applied linguistics (terminologists, copywriters, etc.).
- Anyone who no longer translates but would like to maintain their link with the profession.
Associate members have the same advantages as full member except:
- they do not have access to job offers;
- they are not listed in the directory;
- they may attend the General Meeting but do not have a right to vote;
- they may not become members of the Board of Directors.
The General Meeting has set the dues for associate members at
95 EUR for 2015. Dues paid after 1 December are applied to the following year. Any member who is admitted after 1 August is given a 50% discount.